Icons used in topbar aren't displaying correctly, even with CSS that's supposed to fix it!

Hi, I previously contacted yourselves about the icons not displaying correctly after a recent update and you provided me some CSS to fix it, and it worked, however, I’ve come to use it on a new website I’m doing and it doesn’t work! I have no idea why either, as it’s the exact same CSS and also the same HTML for the topbar (just changed contact details). Would you mind taking a look for me and letting me know what’s going on with it please!

Here’s the HTML:
Contact us today <font color="#eee"><i class="x-icon x-icon-phone" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i></font><a href="tel:01234567890"><font color="#fff"><strong> 012 3456 7890</font></strong></a></font> <font color="#eee"><i class="x-icon x-icon-mobile" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i></font><a href="tel:01234567890"><font color="#fff"><strong> 01234 567 890</font></strong></a></font> | <font color="#eee"><i class="x-icon x-icon-envelope" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i></font> <a href="mailto:info@website.co.uk">info@website.co.uk</a>

Here’s the CSS:
/* X Icons /
.x-icon-phone {
transform: rotateY(180deg);
}
.x-icon-mobile:before {
content: “\f3cd”;
}
[data-x-icon-o], [data-x-icon-s], [data-x-icon-b], [data-x-icon], [class
=“x-icon-”] {
font-weight: 200;
}

I’ll put the URL in a secure note.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! This could happen if your site has icon markup that you added directly rather than using our icon shortcode. As of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

data-x-icon-b for social icons.
data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

Also checkout FAQ section of https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-2-x-6-2-cornerstone-3-2/38234

Let us know how this goes!

Hi, thanks for the info, however I’m trying to flip the phone icon so it is facing the other way - how it was before Font Awesome updated their font. The CSS code I was given by yourselves has worked on my other sites, but for some reason it’s not having any effect on this one!

Cheers

Hi There,

Thanks for the clarification!

However, I can see the rotation CSS is working fine on your website for the icon.

Let us know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks

The rotation is supposed to make the icon appear the other way, facing inwards instead of outwards as it currently does. Here’s a screen grab from another site I did with the rotation CSS working correctly, so the icon is facing into the telephone number:

Thanks!

Hi there,

please remove the css and it will work that way.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I’ve removed the CSS but nothing has happened! I’ve refreshed my page and cleared my cache but it’s still the wrong way round. I’m getting really confused with all this!

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying.

Please try this code:

.x-topbar .x-icon-phone {
    transform: rotateY(180deg) !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Hi, that’s sorted it, thank you!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.