Icons showing as blank box after update

Hi there, I’m referencing this site: https://www.brancatosnowremoval.com/
Please notice that the icon in the top bar by Contact and the icons in the footer widget are broken. Please tell me how to fix.

Thanks,
Dawn

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for writing in! This could happen if your site has icon markup that you added directly rather than using our icon shortcode. As of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

data-x-icon-b for social icons.
data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

Also checkout FAQ section of https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-2-x-6-2-cornerstone-3-2/38234

Let us know how this goes!

I have the same issue, it started after the update. Indeed only the solid fonts (and not all of them) show, will you guys issue a patch to fix these?

Hi @flashfog,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There is no need of a patch as this issue happens if your site has icon markup that you added directly or modified in the child theme and this can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

data-x-icon-b for social icons.
data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

All you need to do is to check for the icons markup you’ve added directly or modified in your child theme and change the data-x-icon attribute accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Hi. I think this issue may come up for several more people.
Would you mind writing a short guide on how to get to the right file, and the name of the right file, so that it’s easier to check those icon settings?
THANKS!

Hi there,

Please login through FTP then go to wp-content/themes/x-child then open the file functions.php.

Then you should be able to see some lines of codes for the icons that you will have to update based on the previous suggestion.

In case you are still stuck, please post a new thread and please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note (key icon under the replies you post/posted):

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.