Icons not showing in browser

Not sure what happened but all my icons are no longer showing on my website. As of last week they were showing fine and now no icons are showing.

Home Page - Shop Information Section
Services Page - Bottom part of page has many icons for various services
Contact Page - Shop Information

Hi @marketimpress,

Thank you for writing in, it seems you’re having a Caching or CDN issue

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Cleared my browser cache and site cache and still no success. It turned the icons into squares now in Google Chrome but in Firefox they are letters/numbers in them.

Please advise specifically what needs to be cleared to resolve this issue, as maybe I’m missing clearing a cache I’m not aware of.

Thank you!

Hi @marketimpress,

As stated it is a CORS issue. Please check this thread for guidance on how to fixed it.

Hope this helps.

Added the code below to my .htaccess file and even cleared the cache and browser caches after that and still no change.

CODE INSERTED
Please access your .htaccess file via FTP and add the lines below.

Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://secureservercdn.net
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Headers “origin, x-requested-with, content-type”
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Methods “PUT, GET, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS”

Hello @marketimpress,

Please update your .htaccess and use this:

Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin: "*"
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Headers "origin, x-requested-with, content-type"
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Methods "PUT, GET, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS"

OR:

Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin: "http://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233.179/x1v.215.myftpupload.com/"
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Headers "origin, x-requested-with, content-type"
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Methods "PUT, GET, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS"

Kindly let us know which one works out for you.

Updated it to each one and cleared cache and even opened icognito browser window and still no success. :frowning:

Hi @marketimpress,

The icons show up if you append your URL with ?nocache=1, this means a caching is heavily involved in this issue, we don’t know what caching features do you have on your site, the site might have an internal caching from your host and a caching feature from your CDN service. Please contact your hosting and CDN support on how to clear those caches.

Happy New Year,

Just wanted to provide an update for you and for other users experiencing this same issue. Called the hosting company and they turned the CDN off and wrote a couple command lines and were able to get this issue resolved. Very happy to see my icons again.

Hi @marketimpress,

Glad to hear that and thank you for sharing that info.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.