Icons Disappeared In X Them update

Hi -

Just rolled out the latest x theme update and all the icons on the site have disappeared, the impacted html being data-x-icon-s which now seems to have junk in it. How do I fix this?

1 Like

Same issue here, fontawesome is not loading right, All my social icons at the footer are not displayed although they are showing in source code, the icons just dont load. Also the hamburger mobile menu stopped working on mobile phones for that same reason. Very annoyed.

To anyone who didnt update yet, dont update unless you have a backup. I hope a fix will be issued for this soon.

I’ve just restored my prior evening’s back up and that has resolved the problem for the time being and as Bark201 mentions, it only seems to be the font awesome icon set that’s impacted. Doesn’t seem to be a caching problem.

Yes, font awesome is not loaded anywhere unless it is manually inserted. It means if you take any icon and manually insert it into a page it will load. The automated stuff like social icons and hamburger menu, these dont load because there is fontawesome url to them but I am not expert.

I went back to the older version. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Hey guys,

Font Awesome has been updated to version 5 in the latest update. Please follow the recommendation at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-2-x-6-2-cornerstone-3-2/38234 particularly the Why are some of my icons are appearing as an empty square? section under the FAQ.

Always follow the best practices in updating your theme and plugins.

Thanks.

As I’ve already mentioned in the thread earlier, I have cleared all of the caching for the site. The icon set in the site was inserted using x theme directly, not through any separate installation by me. The naming format of the icon already conforms to the standards outlined in the solution, data-x-icon-s being the example also cited above. When I go into edit the impacted pages Cornerstone recognizes that there should be an icon present but it is not possible to edit it or update it. So, I’m not sure what the solution post was supposed have told me that will fix the problem.

Hi There,

Our developers have released a recent update to fix issues related to social icons mainly. Could you please try updating to the latest version and see if that helps. You can see more information here (https://theme.co/changelog/).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.