Icons disappeared after update

Hi, I updated to Cornerstone to Version 3.2.5 the icons have disappeared. Can you please assist?
Thanks

Hi there,

You have updated Cornerstone to the latest version but left X outdated which is causing an issue.

Kindly also make sure to update X to the latest version then clear your site and browser cache after updating to avoid issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I have updated both CS and X and cleaned the cache. However still the issue remains. I am trying to add an icon list but the box of the icons appears empty

Hello @Menegazzi,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

On my end your website is not loading. Can you please confirm? Here is the message I am getting (please see secure note).

Having said that in this release of X Theme we have updated Favicon to version 5. I suggest you to please take a look at the solution mentioned in following thread.

Thanks.

Thanks Prasant. It is loading from my side however checking with the provider. Regarding the icons I also notice the mobile menu icon is disappeared. I have not added any icon - just using those provided with CS. Can you please assist? Thx

Hello @Menegazzi,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Do you have any IP filtering or country block feature activated as on my end I still can’t open the website? Along with Cornerstone, please make sure that you have activated X Theme to latest version 6.2.5.

Thanks.

Thanks for your response.I have also checked with the ISP and all is in order and i am getting traffic as well.Can you please try again and in case if you can provide me your IP I will have it checked with the ISP. CS and X have both been updated and Chechen emptied.Still i have the following issues: the icons show as blank boxes, in CS the Icon List does not load Icons and on the mobile also the menu icon does not appear .Thank you

Hi There,

The following font awesome files are returning 404 error:

https://www.fishtankworld.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.7.0

https://www.fishtankworld.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.7.0

https://www.fishtankworld.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2

It might the permission is not setup correctly. Could you please contact to your hosting provider to check?

Let us know how it goes!

The ISP confirmed all is in order from their side. I have restored a back up and re updated X and Cornerstone. After the update the issue withe icons came back again. Can you please assist?
Thanks

Hi there,

I checked your site again and the FontAwesome files are returning a 404 error which would most likely mean that the font files do not exist of the file permissions are not right.

Since you mentioned that the permission are already correctly, is there a chance that you can provide us with the admin and FTP details of your site in a secure note so that we can check it?

Thank you.

Hi,

I checked and the FontAwesome files are still returning a 404.

I would like to verify that the files are existing and that they have proper permission but the ftp login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Please check the login again and let us know.

Thanks

Hi, here they are

Hello @Menegazzi,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Unfortunately shared FTP details are not working and I am getting following error message

Response: 530 Login authentication failed Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server 

Please confirm the login details again.

Thanks.

Hello, I had the FontAwesome files checked and it seems they are not present.

Hi @Menegazzi,

I checked and it’s because of Cache and CloudFlare, the stylesheet that being served is still from older versions. Hence, it still looking for the font files that already gone (font file naming is now different in the latest version). I recommend disabling your cache plugins and CloudFlare and test it again. Disabling one won’t do, please disable them all at once and test it.

You may also provide your CloudFlare’s login credentials so we can purge it as well once we test it.

Thanks!

Hello,sure

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, but you need to do this on your own because CloudFlare requires a token (see screenshot in the secure note).

First, deactivate the Remove Query Strings From Static Resources plugin.

Then Purge All cache on your W3 Total Cache plugin. then deactivate it for a while.

Then activate your SG Optimizer, Purge All its caching too, then deactivate it back.
(We never knew this plugin might holding a residue of cache from the older version.)

Then lastly, login to your CloudFlare account and do the following:

Under the Speed panel, please turn off the Java and CSS minification

screenshot

Then under the Caching panel, please Purge Everything, so the cached minified JS and minified CSS on your site will be regenerated.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello Friech, thanks a lot - all seems in order now. Thanks for the detailed instructions - really helpful!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.