Icons are not showing

Hey there,

I am using the X Theme on multiple websites and I am very happy with it.

On my own Website I have a problem with all Icons right now. They are not showing up anymore.
What could be the reason for that?

My website is: eigenartdigital.com

Thanks for helping!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Did you try purging your server cache after updating your site?

If you have added icons manually, you need to change data-x-icon to data-x-icon-b to make it compatible with latest release.

As of Font Awesome version 5.x, they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with a link to your example page URL to assist you further.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Hey Darshana,

thanks for your answer.

I dont fully understand the sollution. How Do I change instances of the data-x-icon-attribute?

I recognized, that the icons are not showing up for a normal visitor. But if I am logged in in the Backend, the Icons are visible (in the frontend as well). As soon as I log out, the icons dont show up again.

The URL of my site is: www.eigenartdigital.com

Thanks for more Information.

Greetings
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

That guide I have just showed you to give you information about recent updates. If you’re using the latest version, you should see social icons without any issues.

Are you using a child theme? If so try switching to your parent theme and re-test this issue to see if you’re experiencing any conflicts with your child theme.

If you’re still having any issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hey Darshana,

by switching to the normal x theme the icons are still not shown up. So its nothing with the child theme.

I am using the actual version of X-Theme and Wordpress as well. Icons are missing in Elements like:

• Featured Box
  • Icon List
  • Icon to open Submenu
  • Scroll Top Anchor
  • etc.

You´ll find your LogIn in the Secure Note.

Thanks for helping.

Andy / EIGENARTdigital

Hey Andy,

Sorry for the confusion. The solution is simply to clear or purge the cache in your caching plugin. This wasn’t clearly stated in Darshana’s previous reply. I cleared the cache in your site and the issue was fixed (see secure note).

You can see the reason why this happened in our latest Release Notes at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-2-x-6-2-cornerstone-3-2/38234. Especially read the Why are some of my icons are appearing as an empty square? section.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,

thanks for helping. Well that was an easy step.

Thank you for the support and have a nice day.

Andy / EIGENARTdigital

You’re most welcome, Andy.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.