Icons are missing and i have a box in my menu

Hello. Today my icons went missing. And now I have a box in my menu next to the text. Im not sure what went wrong. Please advise…

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, is that the site you’re working on below? The site is having a CORS policy issue. Please follow the solution provided here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Ok. Well im running Linux. And from what im reading this is way over my head. Do you have a more basic step-by-step?

I don’t know what a server block is, or even how to access it. Im not a coder.

Hi There,

Simply edit your .htaccess file in the root of your WordPress site and add the following lines on top.

Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Headers "origin, x-requested-with, content-type"
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Methods "PUT, GET, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS"

Then it should be like this.

Test your site again by clearing your cache.

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

Sweet I will give it a try, thank you!

You’re most welcome.

Just letting you know that worked, thank you.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

Hey so now my toolbar is missing… if I go to a page while logged in to edit it, the top toolbar is missing. BUT, in Users>your profile the checkbox is checked for “Show toolbar when viewing site”

Can you please assist?

Hi There,

Please kindly clear the caching plugin and also clear your browser cache or check the website with other browser or device.

If clearing cache does not work, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.