Icon issues in footer

Hi there,

I’m contacting you in reference to this website footer: https://filippositalian.com

The Facebook icon is suddenly higher than the other icons and the icon itself isn’t appearing. Also the back to top arrow in the lower right corner has disappeared and is now just a circle. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried some links in the forum and the answers didn’t help. See here:

It’s using X Theme Version: 6.2.5 with your Child Theme and WP Version 4.9.8. Everything is updated.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hi Dawn,

It seems you’ve customized your social icons with the custom CSS.

Please add this CSS before your custom CSS:

[data-x-icon-b]:before {
    content: attr(data-x-icon-b);
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you. That fixed the social icons but the “scroll to top” icon on the lower right is still just an empty circle. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dawn

Hi There,

I could see that you’re using the CDN in your website:

https://d1i3e0au1l360r.cloudfront.net/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/renew.css

Please try clearing any caching plugins you have active or the cache provided by your host. We updated FontAwesome with this release. Version 5 required changes to the markup, CSS, and the file location changed. Your site is probably serving the old markup which has references to the previous font location.

Let us know how it goes!

This didn’t help. Is there a way to find and replace some code?

Hey @newskywebsites,

Have you tried clearing the Style Cache in X > Settings?

Regarding your question:

Technically, yes. But, it is not feasible to provide code each and every time there’s an issue especially for the official parts of theme. They must be officially solved and for that, we need to follow what our development team has recommended. Please read Why are some of my icons are appearing as an empty square? in our latest Release Notes.

If it still does not help, we would need you to clear all caches in WP Rocket and deactivate it. Next, we need you to clear your CDN cache again and disconnect your site from it. The reason for this is we need to know that the issue is caused by theme and not by third party factors.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.