I wished I had never pushed the update button of the cornerstone plugin

Normally I start my message with… Hey hello and end with great job… blablabla…

But now I don’t know how to start…

I really like you guys but … I’m really sorry to say but I use X for a lot of clients. I DID NOT switched to PRO (although I got them free) because of the IU.
Now cornerstone in X looks more or less the same AND… It is slow, does not show live what I’m doing and does not do what I want.

The simplest thing like making a column inline seem to be impossible. No matter how long I wait after switching It does not work.
Yes I have all the latest versions and plugin in. Yes I shut down all the plugins and tried again… Yes there is NO handmade CMS.

I’m simply trying to add a new section under an existing section made in the ‘old’ cornerstone.

Can I go back to the old one???
Help…

3 Likes

just a suggestion … can you just go back to a backup… I use Updraft Plus plugin and you can literally “rewind” to a previous backup and it is exactly as it was . I only had to do it once with a site that got corrupted but it worked perfectly…

Of course this can’t help you if you don’t already have this plugin or similar plugin… but if you do , use that …

1 Like

Thanks for the tip but I also created some sections with the new version within the same site ;-(
I’ll have to wait for the professional help of the support team because there is also something terrible wrong with some third party plugins and I can’t figure out what…

2 Likes

Yeah seems to be an ongoing issue with the latest update. Im in the same boat.

My workaround is to build on an unverified install, then copy paste the shortcodes across. The pages display correctly but cannot be edited in the current buggy cornerstone

1 Like

I am hearing bad things about the new Cornesrtone in here!!??, I have loads of sites with X so I am NOT going to update anytime soon!!

1 Like

Hi there @MartGroen,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear of the issues you’re having. Just so we can be sure, can you include the current version numbers of X and Cornerstone please? We will be releasing a final maintenance release of this batch of updates with the last fixes in shortly.

To be clear with the V2 elements, you don’t have to use V2 elements. You can ignore them and use Classic Elements exactly as you’ve always done. V2 elements are there to provide extra power and to enhance the capabilities where wanted. But they aren’t a requirement.

With regards to the slowness, this of course certainly shouldn’t be the case. Are you noticing delays in content updating when dragged and dropped? Could you let us know which browser you’re using. Try using a Chrome Incognito window for testing purposes to make sure the browser cache is 100% clear.

Thanks!

did this ever get resolved?

1 Like

@jcdeen and @kirk74, are you experiencing the same issue? There are a lot of factors that could cause update issues and that is not unique to X and Cornerstone only. Please try the following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If those doesn’t help, please open a separate thread and give us WP Admin and FTP credentials in a Secure Note (in your separate thread) and post a link to this thread for reference. Please note that we might also deactivate plugins and remove custom code for troubleshooting purposes. If that could not be done in your site, please setup a staging server and give us access also.

Thanks.

Thanks, but no I don’t have an issue … I haven’t updated any of my sites recently … I was speaking generally that I noticed lots of being getting bugs after the last updating so I am avoiding updating for now…

Hi there,

The only way to find out is testing the update in a staging version of your live site. There are many contributing factors why those issues are appearing. With a clean install, it works perfectly but yes, I agree that it affects the existing sites and it’s normal where there are major updates especially when new features are introduced. We recommend doing maintenance, updates, redesigns, and all other major changes in a test/staging site, it’s a common practice in all kind of software development.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.