I tried updating my site and to the new version of pro and the admin does not load anymore

Please help me, I was finishing a website for a client. I tried to update to the new version pro and it just went blank

Please Help.

dev-cs.sebastienmarchi.com
to see the site enter this in the lower right corner of the site: richardbureau
to see the fatal error go to dev-cs.sebastienmarchi.com/wp-admin.

If you want access to the back end or the server I can supply you with the appropriate code…

SM

This is the message I get

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_is_recovery_mode() in /home/smarchi/dev-cs.sebastienmarchi.com/wp-admin/admin-header.php:55 Stack trace: #0 /home/smarchi/dev-cs.sebastienmarchi.com/wp-admin/index.php(111): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home/smarchi/dev-cs.sebastienmarchi.com/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 55

Can you please reply to me, it’s urgent

Why aren’t you answering my request…???

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for writing in, please do note that we answer tickets from oldest to newest, please do not bump your thread if it’s not for additional information because it will send your ticket back in the queue automatically.

I have checked the site and I don’t see the error anymore, it seems you reverted to 2.5.5, if you update again please remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the error keeps coming, please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Plase take a look

Hi Sebastien,

Unfortunately, we’re only getting the same as you see them since it’s only an admin login credentials. Would you mind providing the FTP login credentials as well?

And have you updated your Wordpress? It’s because wp_is_recovery_mode() is a Wordpress function, getting an error Call to undefined function means the installation could be corrupted. I recommend re-installing your Wordpress core again, this may help https://kinsta.com/blog/reinstall-wordpress/

Or the safest, restore your entire site to when it’s still working, your hosting provider may able to do that if you don’t have any backup to restore it from.

Thanks!

Listen im new at this i was trying your platform. I would reaaly appreciate it if you could take a look. Ill give you the credentials to the c panel

Thank you so much for fixing it…

:smile: You reply before I can,

You’re welcome.

Rad was right, your Wordpress installation was corrupted, I have reinstall it with the latest Wordpress version.

Cheers!

One last question. My header and a section in the footer are not responsive. Any idea on how to fix this?

Hello Sebastien,

When I check your header and footer, this is what I am seeing:

Custom Header:

Footer:

The header is using a custom header and the footer is just a default footer. If you want to creat a custom footer for desktop and mobile screens, please create one.

Hope this helps.

You have the wrong site… it is a sub domain of sebastienmarchi.com . the address is dev-cs.sebastienmarchi.com
I used the header designer but it is not responsive…

Hi Sebastien,

You’ll have to create different menu for each device (navigation inline for desktop, navigation collapse for mobile) and utilize the Hide during breakpoints feature to control the visibility of the elements for each device. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378

It’s also the same on standard header, there is a desktop and mobile menu but the theme automatically controls its visibility. But since your header is something you created manually, then you’ll have to control its visibility manually too through Hide during breakpoints feature.

Thanks!

Is there an article where this is explained…

Hello Sebastien,

To get familiar with the custom header and footer, you can check out this article:

Or perhaps, these Youtube Videos might help:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.