I need to remove the theme footer etc from post page

Hi, I use the Elementor Page Builder and want to use it to build my post page. It is defaulting to the theme footer and layout, how do I stop this so it acts like a normal page?

When I say defaulting to the theme footer and layout, I mean it is defaulting to the X Pro footer and layout… I want to remove everything from the post page and build from a blank page.

Hey @liamtuffrey,

Regretfully, that is not possible. There’s no templates available for posts. They are only available for pages. It’s technically possible to enable templates in the post and default post types but that would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

Thank you for understanding.

Sorry, I am simply looking for some code to remove the default content from the post page? Is this not possible?

I see. Would you mind providing us a screenshot of what you’re referring to so we could check if it’s possible with simple CSS?

Thanks.

Hi, sure, I basically want a blank page instead of what is defaultly showing in this screenshot. I also want the blue backgound to be white.

Hi There,

You can hide it using custom CSS.
Please add this to your theme Option -> CSS and let us know if you are looking for something this.

body.single-post footer.x-colophon {
display: none !important;
}

Hope this helps!
Thanks

I dont seem to able to open the theme options, I just get stuck on the loading screen. Could you investigate? I’ve tried incognito and on a different browser.

Hi There,

I can confirm the issue in my side also.
This may be due to several reason. I would like to suggest you few points to check for a possible solution.
As the site is live I can’t perform the action without your permission.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Hi, I give you permission. The post page is in draft mode. I have just run a site back up.

Hi @liamtuffrey

The theme options should be working fine now, I’ve disabled these plugins to get it working:

Try to re-enable these plugins one by one till you figure out the culprit.

P.S. These plugins are almost doing the same job, it’s not recommended to install two plugins doing the same job, this will be overload on your server and might cause conflicts!

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.