I need to diplay product category on the home page ethos 1

hey there , i just purchased x theme , first thanks for this great theme , i have 2 question : 1- i use on my site ethos home 1 demo, i need to know how i can add the product category on the home page header menu 2-how i can show some product category on the home page

Hi there,

Thank you for using our theme. If by Product category you mean the Woocomerce products you can go to Appearance > Menus and from left side you will have option to add Product Categories:

To add Product Category to the homepage using the Page Builder I suggest that you first add a sidebar:

Then Add the Woocommerce Product Categories widget to the sidebar you have created:

Then you can go to the Page Builder and use the Widget Area Element to add the sidebar wherever you like in the page:

Thank you.

thank for the reply i use ethos 1 demo , i can not see product category that all what i can see

Hello There,

You must enable first the Product Categories so that it will display. Click the screen options and check the product categories. Check out this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/gb07uw
https://image.prntscr.com/image/eUXxMedZTWyIMkPb3CUFgA.png

Please let us know how it goes.

thank you very much that work perfect ,
i have more questions

• i use ethos demo 1 , i cant see all the post on the home page how i can show all the post or i show the page numbre down .
    • i see on the home page only one category showing, how i can show all the category on the home page by default
    • my last question what i can do to show on the home page post and product , i see i can show product on the sidebar but what i can do to show them with post

thank you very much

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) Since you used Ethos 1 demo, most likely the “filterable index” option is enabled. Enabling the filterable index will bypass the standard output of your blog page, allowing you to specify categories to highlight. You will need to go to X > Launch > Options > Ethos > Blog Options and disable that setting.

2.) Once filterable index is disabled in #1, this #2 issue will be resolve.

3.) Your homepage seems to be your blog index. If it is a blog index, products will not be display because it is only displayed in the shop page. If you want to display a mix of blog posts and product posts, you will need to have a custom page being set as your homepage. You can then make use of the Recent Posts elements in Cornerstone along with the the WooCommerce products shortcode in a text element to be displayed on the page.

Hope this helps.

thank you very much that help me a lot

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like