I need help with this demo auto theme

Wow. I have seen them now. I prefer the second one you did. The final thing now is making the first post to show its full title and its exempt (maybe 30 characters or something suitable). Then the other posts showing their titles only

It seems like the page needs to make use of the site wide full width so that the featured pictures of the posts beside the first post will display better, instead of cutting.

Hello Kingsley,

Certain changes were already made to my example post. Adding the post excerpts by the way will require customization. And because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

Once your child theme is installed, you can follow up on this thread to know how you can have a recent posts element with an excerpt: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/recent-posts-show-excerpt/13934/2

Thanks for your understanding.

I have installed a child theme.

I have read the thread. But mehn, that’s a lot of codes. I don’t even know how to add them. Please can you do that for me? The child theme is now activated.

Hey Kingsley,

I have made the necessary edits for you. Please check the page now.

You can also make use of the template “Category Post Items” since I already saved the section as a template.

Thank you.

Yea I have seen them and it’s perfect. Thank you so much. So how can I add the final example that you made to my homepage now?

Hello Kingsley,

Please edit your homepage back in Cornerstone. Go to the Layouts tab and insert a template called “category post items”. To know more about the templates and how it works, you can check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/template-manager/20364

Regards.

Yes I have seen it now. Thank you.

Wait. The last one you did with an except is not included in the template.

Hey There,

The excerpts will not display in the preview area. It will only appear when you view the page live.

Thanks.

Alright. Thanks

You are most welcome.

Hello Ruel. Please don’t be mad. I need to do something else here. How can i cut off only that part of the line circled white? Any css code

Am trying to create 4 columns

Hello Kingsley,

You cannot cut it because it is 1 column. You will need to divide it into two columns. Once thing I am sure of that layout that for sure, you will have problems in smaller screens. Because you will get titles and titles and then the post items below it.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Ok I understand. I kinda considering new outlook. But i need your help again. Please how can i change the colour of the line to match with the category name? And if possible, how do i also change each colour of the displayed post. For example, Player’s category is in Blue colour, so both the line and posts under it should be in blue color.

This is what i have managed to create so far…

Hey Kingsley,

Regretfully, there’s no way to set the color of the line by category. You will need to set it manually in the options.

You can change the post’s color because the category class is included. You can append the category class to your custom CSS like this.

.category-tactics .x-recent-posts-content {
    background-color: red;
}

Here’s a similar example using the category classes https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/keep-the-category-class-on-all-posts-in-the-category/45661/4?u=christian_y

Hope that helps.

Alright. Thanks.

But for the line colour, i couldn’t change it manually from the options.

Inspect the Text element and choose the Bottom Border.

Thanks.

Thank you very much. It’s working now

Glad it’s working now.

Cheers!

Please is there a plugin in the x theme that i can use to create or customize my login/registration page?

Hello Kingsley,

Regretfully we do not have any plugin that allow you to customize the log in area. You might want to check out the WordPress plugin repository instead:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/login/

Thanks for your understanding.