I´m very disappointed :-(

Hello,

I have updated cornerstone on several sites.
After update loading takes extremely long. In some cases it even won´t load. :frowning:

I have head on several platforms from others that X is not that good as it was before.

Are you working on that problem?

Just for your information:
My memory limit is 256M and I use the current version of WP, X and Cornerstone.

Cheers
Alex

I dont have any loading speed issues after updating and i am on theme x. To me it sounds like a conflict with other plugins you are using or this is a hosting-related issues. I am not a stuff member but if you are not going to give the stuff a url to check you wont get an answer.

Do speed tests on your site and see whats causing it to be slow and then fix it yourself. The speed tests will show you whats making your sites slow.

i agree with @Bark201 , i have worked with SEVERAL clients since i started working with X and pretty much everytime there was an issue it was either a host related issue (this is the most common scenario) or a plugin issue.

also remember to check your internet connection. you’ll always hear and read people complaining but i’m telling you X is pretty much as good as it was before if not better. it has a ton of new features and can be customized even better now. the thing is people want something extremely easy to have AS IS, but they don’t want to take the time to not just learn how to use X but also how to use wordpress. everything seems difficult at the beginning but with a little time and dedication you’ll see everything will start getting way easier.

i’m not at staff member, but i have helped a few X-theme fellows in the past, so if you post a link to your site i could check it out and try to help you find the culprit of this issue you’re encountering :smile:

@elpanda13 I have a small question for you. How did you fix the JS and CSS render blocking above the fold? I forced almost all of JS files in the footer but cant a wordaround the CSS. How did you fix it?

you will almost have something above the fold, the css is not always a big deal and won’t really slow down your site (At least not that much), JS is what usually slows down sites, and for that you can write the CSS directly in the theme editor JS section (if the code is yours), otherwise you will have to manually test wich js and css can go in the footer. you can use w3 cache plugin to do that (although there are a lot of plugins that can do that as well. i don’t like w3, really).

as for the CSS, you can try and add it in your functions.php file and tell WP to enqueue it in the footer. but that’s not really the best solution since you might get UI issues (i.e: some items not looking as they should until everything else is loaded, etc). i suggest you do the same i suggested for JS, test them one by one without any caching system active until you get the right combo but, as i said before, try to fix all the other issues first until you get a nice site speed and only THEN approach the above the fold issue.

one other thing, if you’re testing your site with the google tool, you’ll ALWAYS get issues, even a site as simple as the google front-page has a LOT of “issues”. use gtmetrix instead and only use the google website speed tool as a reference.

Thank you for the explanation. I did think about w3tc, getting all the css into one file and serving it from the CDN. I was told it might cause issues so I didnt get around to experiment with it yet. The only ‘big’ JS file is coming from cornerstone (123kb more or less) and they said it has to be in the header. I asked them to give an option to defer it and they said maybe in future updates. I can do it manually but i have other urgent things to look into, I have a feeling it will be time consuming unless someone here already did .it and would like to share how

Yeah, google always complains but this above the fold stuff been bugging me for a long time and I just want to fix it, its just the above the fold stuff.

Hi there,

We will be happy to take a look at your installation to find out the root cause of the issue. The 256 MB memory limit of PHP is enough for Cornerstone to run smoothly, but maybe there are other plugins eating up the resources or something related to your hosting service provider.

To test out the pure Cornerstone, I suggest that you deactivate all 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone and check the case. You can use the Google Chrome Browser network tab to see which assets are loading and how much time it takes to get a response from the server:

The ultimate test will be to move the website to your local machine or another hosting service and test the case to make sure that the environmental factors are not getting in the way regarding the performance.

Honestly, me myself have more than 5 installations n my local machine and 3 other servers and they all work smoothly. I am not saying that we may not have resource intensive parts in the code but what you have described makes me believe there is an environmental factor going on your installation.

We can be of a better help if you give us the information below using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up:

• WordPress Dashboard URL
  • WordPress Dashboard Username
  • WordPress Dashboard Password
  • The name of the page to test the case

I totally understand the frustration of a slow builder, I just want to ask for your patience and cooperation so that we can check the case and give you proper suggestion to fix the issue and serve you better.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

thank you very much for your reply! I really appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

I have added the credentials of my dev-site to the Secure Note
Your are free to change everything and add new pages on this page. If it helps to solve the problem. :wink:

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Alex

Hi there,

Is this on shared hosting? I noticed the performance issue in random occasion even with an empty builder. But there are times that it loads instantly.

Unfortunately, been testing and can’t find what’s causing this. Is there performance logs that we can get from your hosting provider? Like when it happens and usage of resources? It could be affected by multiple sites running at the same time multiplied by the traffic it gets.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.