I lost my CSS after update to Ver. 5.2.5

Hello support, community members,

I updated my side to wordpress 4.9 and X to 5.2.5. I used a child theme for some “german” modifications. After the update my menu css is not correct anymore (has dots and not boxes, more table layout) and my widgets in the footer are no longer in a flow, but standing under each other not in one line. Is I while ( 1 year or so) and I do not rember in detail what I modified there. (bad documentation :frowning:)

Any idea, how I could get my modified ethos layout back? I’m not a programming guy and doing all the css stuff new would cost me a lot of time and energy to find out what is wrong. So maybe I can fix some bug I did with the update?
Any tricks or tips I do not know?

Thanks for the support!

Best regards Norbert

Hey Norbert,

Thanks for writing in. Regretfully, fixing customizations is not part of our support. You will want to revert your site from the state it is working then hire a third party developer to import the customizations for you.

Please also see the best practices in updating your theme and plugins.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey Christian, that is not the answer I was hoping for.
Thought there might be a trick of more experienced user how to restore my css / style settings if they are broken by an update. Everything else works fine. That means I can invest much more time then plant to fix broken stuff and have the new features, that look great to me, or I do a rollback and stay with the working side until I find a way to migrate to the newest version savely.

But thanks for the best practice sharing, my I find another migration path.

Thanks Norbert

Hi there,

Your CSS is probably there but based on the details you provided, it’s not just loading. Example

has dots and not boxes, more table layout

This is common after updating your site and you didn’t clear/purge your site’s cache, and it’s usually related to CF’s minification. You should turn off your CF’s CSS and JS minification and purge its cache again.

And yes, please provide the procedures provided in that URL.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.