I have upgraded as WP suggested and now I cannot edit using cornerstone? Please help? i don't know what to do

“Congratulations, you’ve successfully updated X! Be sure to check out the release notes and changelog to see all that has changed, especially if you’re utilizing any additional plugins or have made modifications to your website via a child theme.”

I cannot use or edit with cornerstone now…what happened??? Can someone please help me ASAP?

Thank you

Hey @samatvayoga,

WordPress issues in general or especially update issues are mostly hosting, website optimization and customization. Plugin conflicts can happen too. With that said, please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, please switch to the parent theme and remove custom codes anywhere in your site if applicable.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

It is important that you try all of the listed possible solutions above. Only if nothing helps, please provide us with WordPress Admin and FTP credentials.

Thanks.

I’m so sorry, I still do not understand what to do. I need more help to troubleshoot. Where can I provide you with login details

Hi @samatvayoga,

You can provide your login credentials in a secure note.

And may I know from what versions you upgraded it from?

Thanks!

i did provide them above. I believe it was from the one right before. I usually update when I see them

Hi There @samatvayoga

I have tried to login to your WordPress backend, but I’m getting the following error.
ERROR: The password you entered for the username is incorrect.

Could you please confirm with the correct information? So that we can look into your issue.

In the meantime, could you please try installing the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and then head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo to see your server configurations.

Then check for the following.

1. PHP Memory Limit - We recommend PHP memory limit of 512MB. Try following our guide on how to increase it (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

2. Max Script Execution Time- We recommend script execution time of 120 or higher. You can refer to the following guide on how to increase it (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

3. Check the PHP version running on your server and make sure to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any incompatibility issues.

If you have correctly increased those configurations, you should be able to see the updated information when you head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo. If it is not updating, you need to contact your hosting provider to change those configurations.

After doing those changes, try loading your Cornerstone builder and test.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Sorry I have resent

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that the PHP version is 5.5.38.

Please contact to your hosting provider to change the PHP version to 5.6.x or above.

Let us know how it goes!

I have been able to get to the cornerstone edit back end (Dashboard >> X >> Cornerstone) This will open up cornerstone for me and allow me to search all content (pages only) I can edit pages like i have always been able to. No changes to PHP required to do this. I am however stumped in finding this same option for “posts”. Perhaps this is the workaround we need? All I need it to be able to search my posts as well and then it will be like normal. Does this make sense?

Hi There,

Please navigate to X > Settings > General then enable the Posts post type:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

amazing. it worked…only a 1/2 day of stress :slight_smile: thanks for your help and how quick it was done.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.