I have just inherited this website and X Theme Version 4.0.1 appears to be broken

The website is currently not displaying the recent post short codes that have been working for years.
The site is telling me that there is a new version of cornerstone and that automatic updates will not work. Could this break the shortcode?
[recent_posts type=“post” count=“4” category=“fox-valley-childcare-family” class=“recent_post_image_only”]
This short code used to display the featured image as a link to the page in the corresponding category.

Thank You!

Hello @design,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Usually updating the theme should not break shortcodes. Having said that I suggest you to first update X Theme and Cornerstone. As automatic update is not working, you need to update the theme and Cornerstone manually. My recommendation would be to update Theme and Cornerstone on a staging server so that if any issue comes up, same can be looked at without affecting the live website.

Please carefully review the steps mentioned in following tutorial and scroll down to the manual update section.

To manually update X Theme and Cornerstone, you will have to use FTP software like Filezilla. To get started with Filezilla, please take a look at following tutorial.

Thanks.

Prasant Thank You for your response. Should the theme and Cornerstone be of the same revision? My Theme is version 4.0.1 and Cornerstone is version 1.3.3? I will try to create a staging site and upgrade the skin.

Than you again

Prasant, is it possible to dactivate Cornerstone?

Hello @design,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Well, technically you can disable Cornerstone. However, it’s not recommended as Cornerstone is a required plugin to run X Theme as all the shortcodes and builder tools are built into Cornerstone. Please update X Theme and Cornerstone to the latest version which as of today X Theme 6.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.2.5.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.