I completely destroyed my footer

Hello,

Yesterday I tried to add a tag in my footer and I think i made bad things…

Now the bottom of the website has an “hidden link” everywhere the mouse pointer is…

Could you give me the defaut code of the footer again?

I currently have this :

<?php // ============================================================================= // FOOTER.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // The site footer. // ============================================================================= x_get_view( 'footer', 'base' ); One of the social icon of the footer is appearing from nowhere and seems to influence the bottom of the page. Thanks for your help!

Hi Stéphane,

The code you have is the correct default footer.php code for X which is:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// FOOTER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// The site footer.
// =============================================================================

x_get_view( 'footer', 'base' );

If you already have this code but the footer still have the footer’s display incorrect, please provide us with the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi Stéphane,

The footer on your site seems to look okay. I did some further check on the page and I am seeing this in the code inspector:

It looks like the issue is caused by an incorrectly closed HTML tag in one of the contents of the page so kindly double check all the HTML tags you have added on the page and make sure that all the html tags that are supposed to be closed are properly paired to an opening html tag and closed.

Also, I am not sure what is the admin details of your site. I tried the details you provided but they are not working,

Thank you.

Thanks a lot for your time.

I think you found the problem, it is not the footer like you said, it is an open html tag in the page that create hidden link… how can i remove that???

I didn’t understant everything you said actually…

Is it a way for me to erasse all this “bad” tags?

Hello Stephane,

I am another staff checking in. I could not access the page and you haven’t added a password in the secure note.
The bad tags could be coming from your custom html code. If you could share the code that you have added to us, we can test it over to our local testing server and figure out if the code is valid or we might find the missing tag or the incorrect tag in the code.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.