I can't get background video to work

Hi there

I cannot get a background video to work in my site, and wondered if I could have some advice on how to embed the video in the top banner - the site is wp62.developmentscene.co

Thanks
Mark

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
You can set background video instead of the image you have in the section.

Please try adding video if that doesn’t work please send us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Thanks

Hi I tried all day inserting a video background to the top header using slider revolution, can you please help me

Hi There,

Please check these articles first:

If it still doesn’t work, please provide us with your admin account so we can take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

I have checked and can see that you have added the link to vimeo.
I am sorry but that will not work, you need to add a direct link to the video file.

I believe that is only available in Vimeo PRO

If you have the original video file you can upload it to media library and get the video url. Then add it as video url

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul

That is useful - I have tried it and it still doesn’t work though - is there something I haven’t done?
Thanks
Mark

Hey Mark,

You’re using a Classic Section and it looks like there’s currently a problem with the background video playback with it. I’ve replicated this issue in my test site.

I tried using the new V2 section though and the issue persists. Now this one is not happening in my test site so this could be either one or combination of the causes below.

• Third party conflict. Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  • Old PHP version. I installed a server info plugin in your site and saw that you’re using PHP 5.5.9. Please upgrade to at least PHP 7.1.
  • Low memory. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • Web host conflict. Though X and Pro works in a lot of web hosts, it is possible that your web host has non-standard configuration and have set hard limits which could interfere with the functionality of the themes and plugins. The quickest way to test this is to copy your site to a different host. If you find that it works in another host, it’s best that you move your site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.