I can't edit any page when contact form 7 is active

I have reported a problem using cornerstone before, I have followed the instructions in the staff reply without any result. I’ve found out that deactivating contact form 7, cornerstone would work again. I have tried to reinstall contact form 7 from the “approved plug-ins” list in X’s main page in the admin, but it still causes problems with cornerstone. As result, I can’t update the site’s home page and have lost the forms on my company’s site. I need urgent help with this. The forms are responsible for 40% of my company’s sales leads.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
We are really sorry that you are facing issue with cornerstone and contact form 7, which is not a regular issue with the form plugin.
Can you please check your forms for a invalid HTML tag. You can edit each of your form and check the HTML code if there is a missing html closing tag.

If that doesn’t help please follow this steps.
Incorrect setup of SSL. If you have an SSL certificate on your site. You should have the WordPress Site URL and Address URL settings set to HTTPS if you are loading the builder via HTTPS. This can be checked via your wp-admin > general > settings. If you aren’t using SSL you can ignore this step.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.
If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

At the moment I don’t even have my forms in there. The only form I have in there is de default form, which is not assigned anywhere. Still, if I activate Contact Form 7, Cornerstone will stop working.

By the way, we are not using cloudflare or caching. Also, no custom JS. There are some custom CSS, but they have been working forever (at least 2 years).

Hi There @mlapido

Thanks for writing in! I have tested your site and I can confirm this issue on your end. If your hosting provider allows to switch PHP versions, could you please switch to a different version and re-test this issue? Switch to a version between v5.6.x and v7.1.x.

If that doesn’t help, could you please try increasing your memory limit by following this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana,

current version of PHP is 7.0.21, so I don’t understand your suggestion. I’ll try the memory increase suggestion though and get back to you.

Hi @mlapido,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

@nico,

It seems to be working now.

Thanks to you and everybody involved in this issue.

Hi @mlapido,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.