I can't create a single page with Cornerstone! I need to know how

Hello, I’ve searched the forum, Knowlege base but I couldn’t find a solution for my issue.
I really want to create my website via X theme, but so far I can’t create a single thing…
Please check at your end to see if you can create, edit, and save using Cornerstone.

–What I’m using–
-Wordpress hosting: godaddy web hosting
-domain for this website: f21.da1.myftpupload.com
-browser: latest version of Chrome and Firefox. Cornerstone didn’t work on both browser.

–What I’ve done so far–
-Deleted all the plugins, except Cornerstone -> didn’t work
-After the above, deleted Cornerstone -> didn’t work

• reinstalled the X theme -> didn’t work

I have purchased this Theme 2 weeks ago and not be able to create a single page is very frustrating.
Hope you can reproduce the problem at your end and I will be able to use it…

Thank you,

Hello @Arimura,

Thanks for asking. I am really sorry for the problems you are facing with X and Cornerstone.

Can you please try out following solutions:

1. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello @Prasant,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I will try the advice you gave me and will get back to you asap.

Thank you,

Sure thing, let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

Hello @friech and @Prasant,
I have tried the advices you gave me but it is still not working well.
Please login with my account to see if you can reproduce->fix the problem.

[current situation]
1.Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
-> Done this, and it seems it “is able to load cornerstone” but not be able to do anything further.

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
    -> We don’t use CDN so I skipeed this one.

3.Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
-> I don’t have custome CSS and Javascript, nor Child Theme.

1. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
    -> Our tech guys is working on this now.

2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here1 for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

6.Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

7.Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

[Meanwhile, I have 2 more questions]
Question1: Where can I find to create a website using cornerstone for BEGINNERS?
It is extremely difficult for beginners to find from the Forum or Knowlege base, at least I wasn’t able to reach an answer … What I want to do is very simple to imagine, but SO hard to do it here.

CURRENT WEBSITE I HAVE:
http://www.spanisimo.com/

X theme I WANT TO USE
http://demo.theme.co/agency/

so I want to re-create my website using the demo you guys have with cornerstone, however I haven’t be able to move forward since there is NO guide for beginners to do it step by step.

Qustion 2: the page doesn’t move forward when I click “Edit with cornerstone”.on the POST section in wordpress.
There are several links that says “edit with cornerstone” in the POST section but none of them work when I click it.

Hope I will be able to re-create my website soon…

Hello @friech and @Prasant

I am also getting this message everytime I try to use cornerstone.

Hi there,

Please hold all the questions regarding the usage of the Cornerstone as it is clear that there is a problem with your installation and it needs to be fixed first. Then you will be able to open up new threads for each problem you are experiencing and we will follow up with you.

There is no step by step guide for each demo content, but there are guides on how to use several elements and Cornerstone in general which all the demo content use those same elements. I suggest that you read the Cornerstone/Content Builder section of the list below:

Please follow up the usage questions later in new threads.

Now regarding the Cornerstone problem. Please get back to us with the result of the steps we asked you and you said your tech guy is working on.

Meanwhile, it is important to know that we have the same Cornerstone and X installed in thousands of environments and it works with no problem, so it is 100% a server setting problem which does not match the prerequisites and that is why you see the message you gave the screenshot.

We will wait till you get back to us with the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.