I cannot validate my x Theme

Hello, I cannot validate my x Theme. Whenever I put the validation key and then press enter. It just goes to the blank page, and under error_log file, I am getting this error:

[03-Jun-2019 12:32:51 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/adfdacas/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/output/ethos.php on line 213

Hi @profusion_customs,

Thanks for reaching out.

Based on your information, it’s an internal server error but that log is just a warning and not related to the actual error.

Another possible reason is your site is blocking the outgoing connection (firewall), or PHP cURL is not properly setup. Though, since there is no error log then I’m not really sure what’s going on. Would you mind providing the following information in the secure note?

• Site’s URL
  • Admin login credentials
  • FTP login credentials in case I need to test the cURL

Thanks!

How can I send details via secure note ?

Hi @profusion_customs,

There should be a secure note button under your existing messages.

Please check this for more information https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks

Thank you.

Hi @profusion_customs,

Thank you for the credentials. Please try to reinstall X theme. It seems corrupted. Please try again to validate after reinstallation. See this guide.

But will it not remove all the custom coding ? as you can see its a fully custom website.

Hey @profusion_customs,

If you have modified the parent X theme directly, regretfully, it will remove all customizations you have done. In that case, it must be repaired by a third-party developer as we do not provide support for theme modifications.

In WordPress, it is widely known that if you’re going to customize a theme, you must do all customization in a child theme. You can read more about this in our theme customization guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

Regarding the validation issue, it’s possible that this is a result of version incompatiblity between X and Cornerstone. You’re using X 6.0.4 and Cornerstone 3.1.3. As you will see in our Changelog, X and Cornerstone versions are released in pairs. If one version is off, that could cause compatibility issues. Please try uninstalling Cornerstone and go to WP Admin > X > Validation so that X will automatically install the compatible version of Cornerstone.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.