I cannot enter API Key - I have 'Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co"

Dear Support

I have installed X in 2015 and I want to update it now.

I 've tried to enter my API key with no success and I get this error message
“Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

I have read the post https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201

but it didn’t help me at all.

I have unactivated firewall on my hosting and I do not have any plugin that could block you.

Let me know how you can help, and which info you may need

Thanks for your help

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for writing in, I think part of the issue here is you have a very outdated version of X (3.0.1) without Cornerstone. So you’re caught in this situation now that you can’t update because your site is not validated, and you can’t validate because of your site is outdated.

So, what I would advise you to do now is to follow the manual update guide here.

After you successfully update the X theme to the latest version, delete the X - Shortcodes plugin, and install the Cornerstone, you can easily install Cornerstone because X will give you the notice to install it.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

After that, try to validate your site again.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.