I cannot edit with cornerstone

Hi,

I cannot edit with cornerstone and I have an error message:

Could you help me with that?
Thanks

Hey @DOURONE,

Please try following the possible solutions suggested in our troubleshooting article at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404/

In addition to that, please also try the solutions in this list:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

How can I clear a caching plugin?

Thanks.

I have uploaded the wp super cache and still having the same problem

In that case, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could check deeper.

Thanks.

Hi There @DOURONE

Did you mean that you’re not the owner of your site? In that case, you need to get permission first.

If you don’t know how to create a WordPress user with administrator rights, please check the following guide here (https://ithemes.com/tutorials/creating-users-in-wordpress/).

To create a FTP account, you need to login to your web hosting control panel or you can ask your hosting provider to create a FTP account for you and get those credentials. You can check example guide here (https://support.hostgator.com/articles/how-to-create-an-ftp-account-in-cpanel). However it will be slightly different according to your control panel.

Thanks!

Hi There @DOURONE

I have tried to access your site, but I’m getting the following error.

It seems that you’re experiencing server related issue, could you please try contacting your hosting provider to resolve this issue first and then let us know.

Thanks!

I have tried to access to the site with the identification I gave you and it is working!

Hello @DOURONE,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I cleared site cache and Cornerstone is working fine and I am able to edit pages but the loading is definitely slow. In an another instance I see continuous Cornerstone loading icon on your website and in dev tools I see Preview timeout error message. So there’s issue on on the website.

Mostly I have seen that Preview timeout error is because of caching. First, please clear cache and then disable WP Super Cache plugin and try to load Cornerstone again. See how it goes.

I am not allowed to do deep troubleshooting on your website as I am not allowed to do so without taking due permission from customer. Please try the solution I have shared above and if Cornerstone is not working then please give us the permission to test things further. We may have to perform some tests on the website which may affect the performance, appearance, layout and functioning of website temporarily.

Thanks.

HI Prasant,

I did all you have said and still have the same result: cannot access to the cornerstone.
I am a little bit concerned as Google Analytics says we have daily visit on our website.
How many time do you need to perform your tests? Will them affect a lot the appearance ans the performance? Is it reversible?
Everything went wrong when I have updated the new version of X theme.

Please let me know,

Thanks.

Hi,

Clearing cache will not affect performance, it will generate a new one again.

Please exclude the following js files in your w3 total cache plugin.

wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js

No need to minify these files as they are already minified by default.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I have excluded the files you sent me.
I still cannot use the cornerstone.

Please let me know what can I do to update my website!! I start to have problem since I have updated the new version of X Theme!

Thanks

Hi There,

I’ve also added this file wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/js/site/x.js to the exclude option of Minify then the Cornerstone is loading fine now:

Could you please double check again?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi!

I guess now I know where the error is…
I have just checked from another computer and it is working…From mine it is not.
Do you know why?

Thanks!

Hi @DOURONE,

Could you try it on a freshly installed browser? It could be due to browser cache as the coding of any site aren’t hardware specific.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.