I can´t change menu names and social links

Hi team!

I tried to change the name of some menus from my site: http://automaticatech.com/, each time I tried to do that, the page display an error page ( The page you are looking for is no longer here…).

This also happens if I add a new social link when clicking on Save and Publish button, just appear the circular working icon and not update it.

Please, could you help me with this?

Regards
Fernando López

Hello Fernando,

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please get the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi @Jade
I have done all you told me before, but it doesn’t work. I have sent you a Secure Note to check further.
Thank you team!

Fernando Lopez

Hey Fernando,

We could not login because your WP Login page has an error. You’ll need to fix that first.

Regarding the issue, would you mind providing us a screenshot of what exactly are you editing?

Thanks.

Hi Staff
I have fixed the WP Login problem.

This is the screenshot where I want to edit a new menu name (highlighted in blue), and after click on “Guardar menu” button, this display a screen error:

And also I want to add a new Youtube link icon, but it´s the same, after click on “Guardar y publicar” button, this doesn´t change anything.

I hope you can help me with this, please.

Thank you.
Fernando López

Hi Fernando,

It appears to be security related and access to nav-menus.php is forbidden upon post. You can verify this by going to Admin > Settings > Permalink and switch it to Simple. Then go back to Admin > Appearance > Menus and re-save it, and you’ll get this

The 404 error is displayed by Wordpress once the URL is not available, this time, it’s the 403 Forbidden. That’s why switching to standard permalink disable the Wordpress’ 404 page and it reveals the actual error.

Unfortunately, this issue is something that can only be fixed by your hosting provider. I recommend contacting your hosting provider and provide them the complete procedure on how to reproduce it including the change of permalink to Simple.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.