I can not add section to a site

Hi,

I can not add sections to an existing site. What could be the problem? I figured out that this happens only when I included raw content.

Greetings, Miriam

Hello @miribetancourt,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

First, let us ensure that you have updated your theme correctly. Here’s a guide you can refer:

If problem persists, can you share us the following login details in a secure note so we can take a closer look?

• Website URL
  • Wordpress admin username/password

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I can see that you have several plugins installed. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We also recommend that you temporarily disable WP Cachify and WP Super Cache. Caching plugins are best turn on only when you are finished developing or editing your site.

And if the issue is still happening, This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, now I figured it out. As soon as I add raw content, this problem occurs. If I do not use raw content, everything is fine. What can I do?

Greetings, Miriam

Hi Miriam,

Are you adding a custom code to the Raw Content element?

If so, you will have to double check the code you are adding as it might be causing a Javascript error in Cornerstone that stops if from working.

Hi,

I am adding code like that from my autoresponder:

text/javascript" src="https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=hhO9a&webforms_id=BOIvS

It has been working in the past wiithout any trouble. That is how people can subscribe to my newsletter.

What can I do to not have those problems and still use the code?

Greetings, Miriam

Hi There,

Please enqueue the script via child theme function file so that it will not affect when you update the main theme.
Example code:

function my_assets() {
	wp_enqueue_script( 'font-scripts', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . 'https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js', array( 'jquery' ), '1.20.4', true );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_assets' );

Hope this helps!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.