Huge problem with Google Analytics code

Hello there! I’ve installed the Google Analytics extension and inserted the code and now i can literally see the code above the header! I have no idea how to fix this and seems to be related to the extension or theme.
Could you kindly suggest me what can i do to fix this?
Thank you!

Hello Christian?

Please go to your plugins page then deactivate and uninstall the google analytics plugin. Once you have installed it, kindly go back to your X dashboard and reinstall the plugin and reset the settings.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @Jade! I’ve removed the code i’ve pasted into the “Meta tag (optional )” field and looks like i can’t see it anymore above the header. Will this affect the functioning of Google Analytics in any way? The Google Analytics ID is still there, i’ve only removed the meta tag code.

Thank you!

Edit: Seems like the Google Analytics tracking code isn’t functioning properly, i can’t find it by “View page source”. It seems like it may be a problem with the Google analytics extension, probably a bug?

Hi Christian,

Can you provide us your Google ID in Secure Note so we can test it in our end,

If it is not working for you, you can try installing this third pary plugin

Then add your tracking code in Scripts in Header

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @paul.r! I’ve installed the plugin you recommended and put the code in the header. I don’t really know if it’s working.

Hello @CristianD,

This is the correct way of using the Google Analytics extension:

I have inspected your site and I can see that the GA code has been added in place. I think you are using the “Insert Header and Footer” plugin which is also great.

It should be working now. You can check and manage it in your Google Analytics account.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thank you so much @RueNel! You are right, i’ve installed the “Insert headers and footers” plugin! Seems that the error was caused by inserting the code in the Meta Tag from “Google Analytics” extension.

Thank you so much once again for your amazing support to you and your entire team!

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.