Hubspot Form Integration Seriously Impact the Site Speed Due To Parsing Of JavaScrip

Hi,

I am currently building a new site. After some trial and error, I have discovered that when I add a Hubspot form to my site, I go from a B+ page speed score to an F.

it does not matter if I use the Hubspot Plugin or add the form data as HTML is a TEXT element. I have all forms removed currently and the site is supported fast, but as soon as I add a form, it chugs terribly.

I am happy to provide my site credentials, however, I am not sure if this is a private forum or not so once I hear back I will provide my credentials as well as a FORM HTML code fro you to add in so you can see the issue.

• BR
    Adam

Hello Adam,

Thanks for writing in!

Please be advised that we do not have any control of the file size or how the script of the form will be loaded into the site especially if the form needs to connect to the Hubspot server. I would recommend that you switch to TwentyNineteen theme and activate the Hubspot plugin or add the form while using the TwentyNineteen theme. If the issue still present, I would highly recommend that you contact the creators of Hubspot to ask them if they have a few tricks if speeding up a site when loading their script.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hmm, well I have used this plugin on over 25 other sites, as well as straight HTML form addition from Hubspot and never had any issues. I will see what happens.

FYI, one of the forms is for a newsletter, only name and email field and a submit button. When I run a GTMetrix, the major killer is Javascript parsing and once I remove the form it is removed from the speed report. Again I have never seen this so it leads me to believe it is the way the theme is rendering the Javascript as this is the first time I have used the Theme X theme.

• Adam

Hey Adam,

Can you please provide us two of your site with the form and without the form so that we can analyze it? By the way, I have check the sites associated with your license code and it appears that they are out dated. Please be advised that we have released X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. It is now available in automatic updates. You can now update to this latest version. This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

How do I update the theme?

Hi @wagonmaster,

Please check this guide on how to update the theme.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.