Html tag in demo

Hi!
I have a clean WP install, which I installed the X theme and X child theme. I´been using the App Demo content without any problem, but now I received this error:
Uh oh! The preview HTML did not include a closing tag. It may fail to load or work properly.
Here’s a screenshot of the error:

What can I do?

Hello @virginiabonora,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

hi!
Well, the problem seems to be the Slider Revolution plugin (I deactivated it, and the problem dessapeared).
The thing is I need that plugin
I activated the slider revolution again and the problem appeared again.

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your page and it looks like you’ve edited your homepage outside of Cornerstone? When I try to edit in Cornerstone, I get the following message:

Since it’s a fresh install, can you please try re-importing the demo content and see if this resolves the issue?

Let us know how this goes!

HI!

Well, thats its strange because i didn´t edit anything outside cornerstone
I did what you indicate to me, but de problems is still there

Hi @virginiabonora,

I have fixed your setup however I recommend that you will reinstall your Wordpress because I believe it is not installed properly. There are plugins that causing your setup not work well.

Thank you so much for understanding.

Hi!
I ´ve reinstalled de Wordpress and the problem persists.
When I deactivated de Revolution Slider, the problem dessapeared.
When I activated it, the problem appears.
I thing its that plugin.
But I need it.

Hi @virginiabonora

I couldn’t reproduce this issue at my end, the builder is working fine:

Try to clear the browser cache and recheck this issue, also you can try using another browser for testing.

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks.

thats because de Slider Revolution plugin was deactivated.
Now I activated it, and the issue appears again, as the image I attached.

Hi, virginiabonora,

That is strange I tested the case and it is working with my installation and that is your installation which has such a problem.

I do suggest that you start from scratch. Please use the WP Reset plugin to reset your WordPress installation (You will lose all your data) and start over.

I also went to Settings > General and turned off the Endurance Cache as it might cause issues when impoting the demo content.

I also installed the wp serverinfo plugin and if you go to Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo you will see your server information. YOu need to change the settings below:

1. PHP Memory Limit: It is 256 for you, you should increase it to 512. Please read this article for more information.
  2. PHP Max Script Execute Time: It is 30 for you, it should be 300. Contact your hosting service provider for more information.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.