HTML Cornerstone bug after 2.5.4 update

Hi guys!

All caches cleared and plugins activated or not, a strange warning appears on each Cornerstone page (see screenshot below) since the last X Pro update:

BTW, the system PHP version is 7.2

Best regards,

Victor

Hi Victor,

Thanks for writing in! I see that you have added a section in your screenshot, did you also add any elements into that section? If so you can inspect those elements to see if you have any invalid HTML by switching to Skeleton mode.

You can also try deleting that section and start over to see if the issue is related to that.

If this is happening on all pages, I would suggest you to delete the existing Pro theme and re-install a fresh copy of Pro theme again (you can download it from the Themeco Dashboard). This will resolve any missing or corrupted files related issues. All of your current settings will be saved in the database, so it is safe to delete and re-install the theme.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana!

I should have precised that the warning is not persistent, but just appears a few seconds while the loading happens.

About any invalid HTML possibilities, a basic inspection has revealed no anomaly. On the other hand, an in-depth GTMetrix + DareBoost analysis reveals some worrying structural issues that exceed my level of expertise…

As for your suggestion aiming to delete the existing Pro theme and re-install a fresh copy of Pro theme again, I just wonder if that measure could benefit to the activated Pro - Child Theme?

Best regards,

Victor

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the clarification. Even though you have activated child theme, child theme only overrides the template files and functionality in it. So the other core theme files will be loaded and executed through the parent theme.

You can first disable your child theme and test for a child theme conflict as well and then you can also re-install a fresh copy of your theme as well.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana and thank you for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

Victor

You’re most welcome!
We’re glad @MLDarshana were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.