How to use presets

Hi everybody!

Is there any tutorial or manual on how to create / save presets?

I’d often need the same combination of 3 elements with many changes to the default-values, so I’d like to save these settings as a preset. This should be possible, right?

Best regards

Uli

Hi @ULinn,

Thanks for writing in.

You can use the page or block template functionality.

Create a new page then save the block of elements in your block template library so that you can use it again in your pages. You can easily insert block of elements to your pages with the same configuration of elements that you saved.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi nico, thank you for your help.
How can I decide, wich part of an already made page shall be saved as a block?
Right now I can only save the complete page, wich is not what I need.
Best regards
Uli

Hi,

Regretfully, you cannot select which part, it will save it as a whole.

As suggested by my colleague, you need to create a new page and add only the blocks that you want to use in multiple pages.

After saving your block template you may delete the page.

Hope that makes sense.

Hello Paul,
thank you for your answer.
I understand what to do - but i don’t think it makes sense to have to create a new page to get a preset-block. I can’t see the advantage of this way. So it would be great if you could take this as an feature-request for cornerstone.
Best regards
Uli

2 Likes

Hi,

We certainly appreciate the feedback! We’ll add this to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

1 Like

I second his feature request

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. Kindly read the new idea we have for the V2 elements regarding the template manager and engage the discussion there:

Thank you.

This looks great to me.
Is there currently a way to rename our own saved templates? Cornerstone only seems to occasionally give me the option to name my page/block when saved to library so my library is filling up with “My custom template (#)”

Hi,

Yes, you can change it when you save.

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/kA9VxaVsQH

1 Like

This sounds very good, I’d be happy to see that very soon in my dashboard :wink:

Uli

Hi there,
Me too! We are also excited regarding this feature :slight_smile:

I see on the element I’m trying to create that there is an thing that says “apply preset.” How to do create a preset? It seems like a “preset” is different from a “template,” as the templates do not show up in this presets drop down menu.
Also, how do I access the templates manager? I can’t find it anywhere.
Thank you!

Hi There,

That function is still under development same with template manager.
Please check it here: https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-pro-1-2-0 under FAQs > What is next for Pro and its ecosystem of builders?

Check the link share about template manager discusion and our latest status report here for template manager development: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/status-report-november-30-2017/16487

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.