How To Update X From Version 2.6.0 to current

I have inherited a problem website and just realized the person taking care of a website prior to me did not update it the entire time they were overseeing this clients website. So, my question to you, how can I successfully update from such an old version of X to the newest one? I am not an expert on server stuff, but I do know how to use the theme well! In fact, I have several clients on this theme. I would be grateful for any feedback on how to get from point A to B without breaking anything.

Hello @Fused_Integrated_Mar,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To update the theme, I suggest you to take a look at our theme and plugin update guide as it has all the necessary information:

Thanks.

I already did that, how exactly would you think that would ever help me??? Man paying for support means I get a hey refer to this as if I am stupid and didn’t already look for a solution. Maybe actually helping me would be a nice place to start. Did you ever READ how old the version is, did you even review my question before you took 2 seconds to tell me to go read something else in an area where I have already been

Hello @Fused_Integrated_Mar,

Please accept my sincere apologies if you got offended.

Since it was not mentioned that’s the reason why I suggested you to take a look at our theme and plugin update guide because it has got the basic details that one would require to update theme and plugins. However, I am really sorry for the inconvenience and let me try to guide in right right direction.

1. First, take a complete site backup.
  2. After that, my recommendation would be to setup a dev setup and copy the website into dev server. That way if a issue pops up we can troubleshoot the same without affecting live website.
  3. Update all the bundled and approved plugins.
  4. Next, revoke your theme validation.
  5. Login your site via FTP and remove X Theme folder. In case you are using child theme, there is no need to remove the same.
  6. Download latest version of X Theme and upload the files.
  7. Revalidate the theme again.

If everything goes well, X should get updated seamlessly. In case you face any issue, please get back to us along with website url, username, password in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.