How to Transfer an X-Theme License to a Former Client

A former client wants control of his X-Theme license which is presently in my account. I’ve read through the threads on this subject and am still not too clear on the order of things. I don’t want to remove the license for fear it could disable his site in some way. Plus, I don’t see how, in my license interface, I can even remove or transfer a license. He doesn’t yet have an account as he doesn’t own a theme.co product yet.

I was planning to send you his domain name and license as it exists in my account via the “secure note” feature, but I don’t not see the secure note icon here as I type this post. I’m referring to the icon shown in your article on how to get support: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

EDIT: I see that the secure note icon appears after you’ve posted the first question! I have sent the license number, production URL and my account info via secure note.

My understanding is that, first, you’ll need to detach the license from my account. Only after it has been removed can he create a new account, as the license number is required to create his account, right? Will he also need an order number from the original Themeforest purchase, or will the license number suffice?

Thanks.

Hey There,

I’ve released the purchase code for you and you can now use it to register a new account or add it to another existing account. All the best!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.