How to remove text strings on category pages?

Hi! Can you please let me know how to remove these kind of text string on our category pages:

Any idea how to resolve it?
Thank you so much!

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for writing in! I think I have replied to a similar request on your other thread. All these you can customize all of these text strings by copying the _landmark-header.php file under /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/integrity/_landmark-header.php into your child theme (/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/integrity/_landmark-header.php).

If you don’t have a child theme, please set it up first (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Once you edit the file _landmark-header.php in your child theme using a text editor, you can then search for the following text to locate the exact code.

Search the phrase categorized as and then you should be able to locate the code.

$subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all posts that have been categorized as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

Please note that we do not provide support for customization requests. If you have further customization requests, I would suggest you to contact a developer or a service.

Thanks!

Hi! Thank you very much for your reply. I see and I understand your note but may I ask you nevertheless this time for a code as you were providing me on my other post? https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-remove-auto-generated-text-strings/48019/2 Was working so easily and was so helpful! Thanks and kind regards!

Hello Gerald,

Please try to update the code in the previous thread to:

.archive .x-header-landmark,
.search-results .x-header-landmark {
    display: none;
}

If you want to get rid of the area on the header throughout the site, please go to X > Theme Options > Integrity > Blog Options then set the Blog Header to Off.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much! Also for the side info. Works well both! :blush:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.