How to: post tags show up only on posts

I am trying to get the tags to show up above the facebook comments plugin I placed where the regular comments would go. I would like to have the post tags at the top of the page under the post title.

also i am trying to get the archive pages to show a list instead of a regular picture-post-excerpt block like the default is. I would just like a bulleted list of all the other posts with that tag, no pictures, no excerpt, just the posts themselves.

i have css that i was using to hide the tags: (below)
.entry-footer {
display: none;
}
but its not working. It either hides the tags entirely altogether or it allows them to be seen in which case the archive pages have the tags (which i dont want) and the archive page also has a weird stacking order if they’re left as “blocks”
any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

I am just assuming that you are using Integrity because I do not have a clue of your site.

#1] To have the post tags at the top of the page under the post title, please add this JS code in the Theme Options > Global JS (http://prntscr.com/evswzb) or in the customizer, Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit GLOBAL Javascript

(function($){
  $('.single-post .entry-footer').insertAfter( $('.single-post .entry-header') );
})(jQuery);

2] To get the archive pages to show a list instead of a regular picture-post-excerpt block like the default is:

• Regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself.

3] To hide the post tags in archive pages, you can make use of this code instead:

.archive .entry-footer {
   display: none;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.