How to permanently disable New Post Options sections in sidebar?

So when I create a New Post, there are some parts of the Admin Post Sidebar that I would like to permanently disable for when I create New Posts

Inside of the New Post I click on the 3 dots in the top right corner & then go to Options and disable the sections of the Admin Sidebar that I don’t want.

However, once I log out & log back in, these sections are re-enabled within New Posts.

So how can I permanently & globally disable certain sections within the New Post Options?

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you mean the sidebar section when you’re editing and creating post in the admin? The 3 dots seems the toggle for Gutenberg layout. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if it’s doable since it’s Wordpress feature and those sidebar is required to be there for all other options.

Thanks!

Yes this is what I’m trying to permanently disable globally so I don’t have to do it every single time and for all Admins:

So there’s really no way to permanently disable this Post Option Meta Box?

There isn’t any plugin or code add to a php file to disable it?

Hello John,

“Add a BuddyForm” post meta box is coming from a 3rd party plugin. I would highly recommend that you contact the creator of the plugin instead. They should be able to give you a line of code to disable the post meta box as they are more familiar with this plugin and how it works.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello, Buddyforms has replied with this solution:

we are using add_action( ‘add_meta_boxes’, ‘buddyforms_admin_form_metabox’ );
If you want to remove it the default WordPress “remove_action” should work.
remove_action( ‘add_meta_boxes’, ‘buddyforms_admin_form_metabox’ );

But I’m not sure which file to add this remove_action line of code to, any idea?

Hi John,

You can add that to your child theme’s functions.php file.

If you still don’t have a child theme, you can follow the guide provided here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Ok so my Child-Pro theme function.php file was totally blank

So I added:

But it didn’t seem to remove that Meta box from the Admin Post sidebar.

And when I load a new Post, I see that piece of code populate on a blank screen within Wordpress before it loads up the normal Post.

Am I missing something from that line of code? Opening or closing tags?

Hey John,

One of the possible reasons why the remove_action function doesn’t work is a missing third argument. But since the code was given by plugin developers themselves, then it should work.

Can you confirm that you have the Pro Child theme active? One possibility why the code isn’t working is that the Pro theme is active instead of the child theme. Make sure to go to Appearance > Themes and Activate the Pro Chid theme if it’s not active.

Tell us how it goes.

Yes I do have the Themeco Pro Child Theme activated.

Am I writing the code properly?

Do I need to add any open or close tags or anything to that blank functions.php file in the child theme?

Hi John,

It looks like this is because of the pretty quotes you are using in the code when it’s supposed to be the correct quotes like this'.

Try updating the code to:

remove_action( 'add_meta_boxes', 'buddyforms_admin_form_metabox' );

Hope this helps.

I added that and it was not only making the website load slower, it was populating at the top of the website:

Any ideas on what to do next?

Hey John,

This usually happens when you add a code in your functions.php file outside the php tags, please make sure the suggested code should be in inside <?php and ?>. in your child theme’s functions.php file.

Here’s a guide that you can see on correctly pasting the code snippet to the child theme https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/beginners-guide-to-pasting-snippets-from-the-web-into-wordpress/

Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.