How to migrate Pro from one host to another

This seems to me like this would have been posted already. So please forgive me if I’m reposting, but I could not find anything existing. Perhaps my search terms were off.

I have developed a site at vhvinc.org on a GoDaddy server and am looking to migrate away from GoDaddy to a new platform I’ve chosen, where I have created dev.vhvinc.org.

How does one go about migrating from a GoDaddy hosted solution to somewhere else?

Thank you,
FcknJack

Hello Jack,

Thanks for writing in!

Please take a look at following resource to migrate the website:

Thanks.

I get to the 100% Imported state, then it freezes up. Someone told me I had to create a folder structure with 777 perms. I think not!!

It also seemed to be working smoothly with the Restore from Backup option, until they wanted to charge me $69.

Fuck it.
I’ll start over.
I’m broke as a joke.

Seriously put me in a bad mood seeing that pricetag. FOR A PLUGIN!!!

Hello FcknJack,

Sorry for that. You might be interested in checking out this knowledge base for some other options in migrating your site.

Best Regards.

Thanks so much for the reply @RueNel, but this was what I was doing before, but the import stalls out at the 100% progress position and never asks to confirm an overwrite.

Hey FcknJack,

If that’s the case, then you’ll have to do it manually.
Please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Brilliant! Many thanks - that’s what I needed, was a manual how-to. This potentially will save many hours.

Best,
FcknJack

You are most welcome FcknJack!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.