How to migrate from localhost to online host

I have a site wich uses another theme.
Now I want to “export” the conentent, the layout and the theme.
I can’t simply replace the site, because I want to preserve some pages and all the plugins already online, like Google Analytis, Landing Page Creator, etc…

Besides that I know that I need to manage licenses and that’s fine. I’ve registered my localhost license and the future site url.

What I don’t know is:
1 - Do I need to export the layouts and import then in the host?
2 - Will I need to change my host database? If yes, how can I do this whitout compromising the current content?

I searched a lot for these answers, but I just found about Themeco Hosing.
Thanks and sorry if there is another topic covering this issue.

Hi There,

Please use the plugin ALL IN ONE MIGRATION

Export > Import

Also please refer to this link

https://community.theme.co/kb/cornerstone-migration/

Thank you

Thanks you, Joao (are you from Brazil?). My biggest concern with this plugin is: will my actual content online stay there?
The link you provided didn’t opened to me :frowning:

Hi again,

Please try these links https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126 and https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-hosting-how-to-migrate-your-wordpress-site/190

After migration your content will stay there don’t worry.

Hope this helps!

I did it using the All in One WP Migration plugin.
Did exactall what the tutorial mentioned
The problems?

1 - The tutorial explained to create anothe User Admin after importing the content, because it would be replaced. Unfortunatly, after finshing importing the data, there was a modal windos wich I had to close, to go to the WP menu so I could create the new Admin. But after closing the modal, the browser refreshed and I was logged out.
Of course, as the tutorial said, there was no more an admin user.
2 - I had to create a new user admin through PhpMyAdmin.
3 - After login to Wordpress, my big surprise is that there is no more the WP left vertical menu and:
4 - There nothin in the X/Pro Launch screen. See the screenshot

The site is OK, the new pages are ther
lajet.digital

Hi There,

Yes I am originally from Porto Alegre, but live in Croatia for years :slight_smile:

That is strange, maybe your migration got corrupted, it is usually a quite straighforward process.

1- Import the site.

2- Run better search and replace to replace the old URL for the New URL if necessary.

You can ignore creating a new user, not sure why they reccomend that, you just need to understand that the login credentials will be the same of the original site, since it replaces your database with your original one.

Please try re-doing the migration and let us know how it goes.

Thank you!

I’m from São Paulo :slight_smile:

The migration was corrupted, I think. Something went wrong and I cannot say what it was.
I deleted the entire site (wich was new and with 2 or 3 pages)
Reinstaled Worpdress and imported the same exported data and everything was ok

Thanks

Glad to hear it!

Abraços!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.