How To Make My Column Link To Another Page?

Hey there, I have 8 columns, 1/2 sized and I would like each of the 8 to link to a different page. How can I do this?

1 Like

Hi there,

Would you please kindly give us more detailed information with URL to the page you are talking about?

If you are talking about Cornerstone columns they do not have such a feature and you need to add a Raw Content HTML code to have a link.

But having the URL of the website you are working on with screenshots will give you a better idea of the request to be able to help.

Thank you.

Hey there,

it’s saying the file size is too large to upload to here. Would you like to login to see what’s going on? On the “Menu” page you will see all the different Menu categories I have created and I would like each picture to link to a different page to show people the full menu and pricing of those categories.

Hello There,

Thank you for providing the log in details. I have log in and edited the page to get you started with. I did the following.
1.) I edited the page back in Cornerstone.
2.) In the first two columns, I added a unique ID appetizers and soups-salads for each column in the column settings.
3.) In Cornerstone custom js section, Custom JS, I inserted the following custom js code

(function($){
 $(document).ready(function($) {
  $('#appetizers').append('<a class="column-link" href="http://vinnysinshortpump.com/appetizers-2/"></a>'); 
  $('#soups-salads').append('<a class="column-link" href="http://vinnysinshortpump.com/soups-salads/"></a>'); 
 });
})(jQuery);

4.) And I added this custom css

.x-column {
    position: relative;
}

.x-column > .column-link {
    display: block;
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    z-index: 10;
}

To continue with your other remaining columns, please repeat #2 and edit #3 to include your new ID along with the href you want it to link to.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

1 Like

Awesome!! Thank you so much!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile: