How to import production X site into x-child theme?

Hi All,

I’ve read several posts about this, but still don’t understand the exact steps. I have a site with X 5.1.1 that I’ve been holding off migrating because of all of the cleanup work I’ll have to do; I saw that when I migrated and had to restore a backup because v6 appears to trash css. I also have one back at 4.6.4 with no child theme, and another at 5.2.5. Some have had the child for a while, but I didn’t realize how important they are when I started with X.

Two questions:

1. What are the exact steps to populate x-child with the changes I’ve already made to X?

2. Is there a way to migrate to the current X and minimize the rework that has to follow?

Many thanks.

Hi,

No need to migrate to your child theme. All data are saved in the database and will be carried over when you install a child theme.

If you have done some changes in xtheme core files then those are the one you need to copy to your child theme.

Kindly review the links below

Please don’t forget to create full backup of your site before installing a child theme.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.