How to implement Revolution Slider in BB Forum/Sidebar Template

Hi Team,

I currently have a child theme set up and I desire to change the layout of the sidebar template I believe displays the following pages in BB Press:

http://theperfectbeginning.net/forums/forum/customer-support/

I desire to implement Revolution Slider at the top of the forum pages. I have tried to change the side bar template in the child theme using this file path and was unsuccessful:

/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew/template-layout-sidebar-content.php

I have also tried editing the other side bar template and was also unsuccessful. How do I achieve my goal of having revolution slider above the forum pages. I am using the global sidebar template for BB Press.

I will give you my credentials to follow…
Thank you!

Hi there,

This is a customization request which is outside of our support scope. We will be happy to guide you to achieve the goal you want but we will not be able to implement the functionality for you or maintain the suggested codes in future releases if for any reason it breaks.

You need to check and see if the current page which you are looking is the bbPress page or not. bbPress has the is_bbpress check for that, so the code will be like this:

if (is_bbpress) {
//Add your code here
}

Now you can override the Page Template you mentioned in the Child Theme:

wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/{NAME OF THE STACK}/template-layout-content-sidebar.php

Just change the folder name of {NAME OF THE STACK} to whatever stack you are in. For more information on how to override X theme files kindly read the article below:

So the code of the file will be something like this:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-CONTENT-SIDEBAR.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Content left, sidebar right page output for Ethos.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div class="x-container max width main">
    <div class="offset cf">
      <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php
        if (is_bbpress) {
          //Add your code here
        }
      ?>

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
          <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', 'content', 'page' ); ?>
          <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_comments-template' ); ?>
        <?php endwhile; ?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>
  </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Regarding the addition of the Revolution Slider, you can add the Slider in the admin section and use the shortcode of it and use the do_shortcode function of the Wordpress to add the desired slide. For more information:

Also, you can read more regarding Page Templates here:

Hope it helps.