How to hide tags on category pages

Hi,

I have a category page that looks like this: http://thetap.in/category/writing/

Could you help me understand how to hide the tags that show up on all the posts on this page please?

Thank you!

Ramya

Hello Ramya,

Thanks for writing in!

To hide the tags in the category archive pages, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.category .entry-footer.cf {
    display: none;
}

If you want to hide in all archive pages, you use this css code instead:

.archive .entry-footer.cf {
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

That worked perfectly, thank you so much! :slight_smile: :

You are most welcome!

Thanks

Hi!

Sorry to bother you again. I recently updated my theme from 3.2.2 to the latest version (yes a really big update!) after which I see that the custom CSS is still retained but the tags are still showing up on the page.

Also my featured thumbnail for each post has disappeared. Could you help me fix this please?

Thanks a ton!

Ramya

Hello Ramya,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Featured image is not showing is because of following code. You should delete the same to display featured image:

.category .entry-featured {
}

Can you please make sure that the code to remove tags is present on the website? I checked the website and can see that the code my colleague shared which is working fine is not present on the website. Please add the same again and save the changes. Please make sure to clear cache and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thanks for your quick help :slight_smile:

Sorry I may have been unclear in my previous message. I would like the featured image to show only on a specific category (the ‘writings’) page. If I enable featured image on all categories, the image is displayed twice, once from featured image and once from the post, like the images here:

Also, I checked, and I can see the code to remove tags on the website (the last bit of code in the CSS customizer in theme options). Should I put the code somewhere else?

Thanks again,

Ramya

Hi Ramya,

Please update the previous CSS to this:

.category .entry-featured {
}
.category-writing .entry-featured {
    display: block;
}

All the custom CSS should be inserted on this place.

Regards!

Hi Thai, Thanks for your reply. I am unfortunately still not able to see the images on the Writings category page. And the tags are still showing.

How may I:

1. Display the featured image only on the writing category page
  2. Hide tags from the category page?

Thanks a lot again!

Hi There,

I couldn’t find this custom CSS in your website.

The final custom CSS should be:

.category .entry-featured,
.category .entry-footer {
    display: none !important;
}
.category-writing .entry-featured {
    display: block;
}

If it still doesn’t work, please provide us with your admin account so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I can see all the code you’ve provided already on the site. I’ve moved them to the bottom of the CSS customizer so that you can easily find it, have attached a screenshot. I see no difference on the page however – the featured image doesn’t show on the Writing page and the tags still show up. Please let me know the next steps, and thanks very much :slight_smile:

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Thanks! Here’s the login info.

Hi There,

There was a single quote (’) in your custom CSS, it made your custom CSS didn’t work.

I’ve removed it, everything should be fine now:

Cheers!

Oh no, sorry! Thank you so much for your time and for looking into this :slight_smile: So happy everything’s fixed now.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.