How to have a different header for home page and blog posts

Hi.
I have a logo on my home page’s header and I would like to have a different image or no header logo at all for my other blog posts. How do I do that?

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer Forum (no official support provided here).

Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization are for discussion with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Hi There,

On Theme Options > Header set the logo you want on the whole site.

Than on Theme Options JS add the following code and set the url for the image you want to use as a logo on your home page.

jQuery(".home .x-brand img").attr("src","YOUR_HOME_LOGO_IMAGE_URL_HERE");

Hope it helps

1 Like

Just in case anyone ends up searching this topic, I wanted to share what I did.
I wanted to do the same thing, but have a different logo for my blog page, so I used the same JS you shared, but instead of jQuery(".home .x-brand img") I used jQuery(".blog .x-brand img").
In case I’ve made a mistake, please do correct me (I don’t want to mess anything up on my site!). On the other hand, if this is correctly implemented, anyone who is interested in copying, please feel free to use it.
You can see it in action here:
punitarice.com (where the header logo just says punitarice.com)
vs.
punitarice.com/blog (where the header logo now shows the blog @ punitarice.com)

woops - it looks like my “fix” only makes the change on the actual blog landing page (punitarice.com/blog) but NOT on the actual blog posts. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this than me can assist in having it be the logo for all blog posts.

Hi There,

Please update your JS code to this:

jQuery(".home .x-brand img, .single-post .x-brand img").attr("src","https://punitarice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/TheBlog@PunitaRice.jpg");

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hmm – it seems to have changed the logo on the entire site to the one I only want on blog posts instead.

Hi There,

Please clarify what you’re trying to do,

On my end, this is your logo on homepage:

And this is the Blog index logo.

And the single posts logo.

Please clarify.

Thanks,