How to get space between H2 and paragraph

My H2 a paragraph looks different in editing mode and in published mode

Edit Mode

Published mode

I want the published spacing to look the same as the edit mode spacing

Hi Shamalee,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site and it seems like a caching issue as the content of your site is being served by the cache. Please clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

1 Like

I deactivated

WP Super Cache
Yoast
Deleted cache and still did not work

I entered info above in secure notes

Hi Shamalee,

Let me confirm if I’m understanding the issue correctly. When you wrote that the paragraphs look ‘different’ in the edit mode compared to the published mode, you are referring to the spacing between the heading and the paragraph, correct?

If so, then it’s natural. The Wordpress Classic Editor has its own spacing and fonts in-forced that don’t necessarily get followed on the published view.

Simply put, the Wordpress Classic Editor is just a tool for you to enter content. How it looks on the front-end/published view, however, depends on the theme’s CSS and your custom CSS.

To use other examples on that same page, the headings (e.g. Online English Teacher, Blogging, Freelance Writing) and the paragraphs themselves use different fonts and font sizes in both the Edit Mode and the Published Mode.

If you want to adjust the spacing of the H2 (the distance between the H2’s and the paragraphs below them), simply add a custom CSS code like below:

body.single-post .entry-content h2{
  margin-bottom:2em /* just an example*/
}

You might also consider using Cornerstone to create your blog posts so that you see exactly on the edit mode what you’ll end up seeing on the published mode.

If you have further questions and clarifications, just reach us. Thanks.

1 Like

Solved, thanks

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.