How to figure out if I have X, X-Pro, or Pro?

Hello, I thought I had upgraded my WP site from X to Pro theme, but when I go to “Validation” on my site’s admin panel, I see that my “Installed Version” is “6.0.4”. That is still a X theme version, correct? So I figured I needed to do an upgrade to your latest Pro theme.

I downloaded the 2.0.4 version of Pro from my Apex Dashboard. Then I tried to use my WP Dashboard to upload the pro.zip file to add the theme to my site. However I get this error message: “The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.”. Why am I getting this? How do I overcome this error?

My site is https://mrktguru.com, let me know if you need admin privileges to look at it.

Please advise what I should do next, thank you very much!

Hi @Davvy123,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes you are still on X however you don’t need to update to Pro. Pro is not an earlier version but it is a different version.

First, to know that you have upgraded already to Pro, check your license page.

https://theme.co/apex/licenses

Next, if you see PRO logo, meaning you could have the copy of PRO license.

Now, update your site to PRO.

I could see that you have done everything well except the part where you will be needing to upload the theme to your site.

You could check the link below on how to fix it.

Or you could upload your theme via FTP - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

You might want to check the link below:

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

THanks.

Thanks for your quick reply! I investigated the problem and found out that the php.ini file in my root folder (public_html) did have a max upload file size, but it was set at 128M, so there should not be any problem. Upon further looking around, I found another php.ini file, this one in the wp-admin folder of my installation. This one only had one line, setting error logging to “on”. Apparently this was the php.ini file that was causing the problem, because it did not call out any size limit for upload files. I deactivated that file, retried the Pro theme zip file upload, and this time it worked!

So here is another set of questions for you: I do have the license for PRO. I updated from X to X-Pro (is that what you called the previous product iteration) in Nov 2017. The strange php.ini file I found in my wp-admin folder was created at that time. I have not tried to upload any new file to this installation since then. Why was that php.ini file added to the wp-admin folder then? Will I have the same problem when I install then activate the new PRO theme? How about if I add a PRO-child theme?

Now that I have uploaded the PRO theme zip file, I did a preview of the theme, and I could see the way my site will look, which is the same as under the older theme. However, on top of that preview, I got several error messages, or maybe warning messages:

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #7 is not an array in /home/mrktgu5/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1159

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/mrktgu5/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1160

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mrktgu5/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1162

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/mrktgu5/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1170

More questions then: what do these warnings mean? Do I need to fix something before activating the PRO theme? After? Will it affect any features or functions of the theme?

Thanks you very much again for all your help!

Hello @Davvy123,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

The php.ini file you found under wp-admin directory is provided by WordPress not X Theme or Pro Theme. Regarding the warning messages you are seeing again they are not showing up because of Xor Pro Theme, rather it’s working warning messages. To remove that you can try switching off your WordPress error debug information. To do that, you can add the following lines into your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
define('ERROR_REPORTING', 0 );

You can add this above the line:
/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.