How to Edit Demo Content or Save as a Block/Template? Also can't add new demo content

I’d like to be able to start with one of the portfolio pages like this one, and to be able to make minor changes to it (get category/meta tags to show next to the posts when displayed in the filter view): http://demo.theme.co/integrity-9/portfolio/http://demo.theme.co/integrity-9/portfolio/

I’ve currently installed this demo content from Integrity 9 demo, but I’m struggling with the fact mine doesn’t look quite the same as the demo and there seems to be no way to edit the page. For example, the header on my page is not set between a horizontal line break but rather just plain text. I have no ability to edit the page in Cornerstone or text/regular page editor (it’s blank), so I’m wondering what are my options here?

I’ve also previously installed some demo content, but now have now have no ability to add new demo content/pages. When following the instructions here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56) the attached screenshot shows what I see in X > Validation. When I click “Setup Demo Content” I’m taken to a new page that’s completely blank.

Hi Austin,

Thank you for writing in but sorry I am not entirely certain of what you’re trying to do. Is that the site that you’re working on below? Its under Coming Soon page, Please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look at what you have and understand what you’re trying to do.

Cheers!

Hello There,

The Portfolio page is using the Layout - Portfolio page template. Please edit your portfolio page and make sure that you are using the page template and not the default template. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your settings?
To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Re: my message in secure note and my question, see attachment. Wanted to see if in the editor/theme we can make changes to the “Layout - Portfolio” page to look more like the “Classic Recent Posts” items (padding, font-size/font-family, colors/hover behavior, etc.). The screenshot shows sections of each side-by-side. If not in the editor, then if you have any thoughts on where to dive into the files or if all must be done by adding my own custom css that’d help as well I suppose… I figure it’s the latter, but thought I’d check first.

Hi Austin,

There are too many different questions asked both in the Secure Note and the last message that is really confusing. I suggest that you keep each additional question to a separate thread so that we can focus on each one without any confusion.

Let’s have this thread only for the original question which was the problem you have imported the demo content. For the other questions please open up a separate thread for each question.

Now the problem of the demo import must be caused by the fact that you are using the latest version of the theme which is version 6.1.6 but an old version of the Cornerstone which should be updated. So please update the Cornerstone to version 3.1.6.

By the way, I tried to access your website but it is not working when I add /wp-admin at the end of the URL. If the problem of demo import is not fixed yet after the update you need to give the exact URL of the admin which we need to use.

Just a last warning that it is not recommended at all to add demo content in a website that you already worked on. The Demo content will erase all your settings in the theme options and will ruin whatever you have done n the website. The demo import feature is meant to be used for cases that you installed the theme and WordPress from scratch and now you want to have a starter.

Thank you.

Thanks Christopher, this addressed my issue with the demo content. I apologize for the somewhat complicated question, my other issues were caused by some CSS that was added and I resolved by adding some additional CSS. I’ll aim for more clear questions in the future, thanks again!

Glad that you managed to fix the issues :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.