How to edit classic accordion element

Hi - Cornerstone displays our site’s classic accordions and says they are supported, but I cannot edit them. For example I want to replace an image that’s in an accordion but I cannot select it. I cannot edit the text.
I tried Settings > Macros > Enable All Classic Elements, but that didn’t solve it.
-Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You should be able to click the accordion element and in each accordion element, you may replace the images you have inserted. If you cannot click anything in the preview, you can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of all the elements in the preview area. This is also helpful especially if one of the sections or elements is not visible or hidden in selected screen size or you may have applied visibility options to a section of element.

If nothing is helping, please provide us access to your site in a secure note so that we can take a closer look. There might be some JS error on the page.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks. I’ve gone through our site in more detail.

-Only the simplest elements can be fully edited from the full visual Cornerstone, like Classic Image, Classic Custom Headline and Classic Gap.
-Classic Accordion and Classic Feature List cannot be edited - nothing happens when they are clicked in the full visual Cornerstone.
-Other items like Classic Text and Classic Block Grid Item can be partially edited and/or are displayed for editing as code by default and must be switched to a visual editor every time.

For all of these, switching to Skeleton mode for editing works, so at least everything can be edited; thanks for the tip. But it feels like I’ve had the nicer tools taken away from me. As the Skeleton Mode link says, skeleton mode is great if you’re more partial to a back-end experience. I’m not…

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

The latest version numbers are: (http://theme.co/changelog/)

X 6.2.5,
Cornerstone 3.2.5

Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

You could also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi,

We are running X 6.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.2.5.

I temporarily deactivated all plugins except Cornerstone and then tried editing the classic elements again. Nothing was different compared to when plugins were activated.

When I click on a Classic Accordion Element, nothing happens when I click Inspect, so I can’t get at the text or images inside the accordions. When I click on Classic Text elements, it only displays code in the left menu and there’s no option that I can see to change to Visual mode. (But some other Classic elements like Button will display the Content to edit without displaying code; and Classic Image elements will display the image in the left menu for me to edit normally). i.e. Some Classic elements work fine and others do not. ?

Hi @markh,

In that case, I’ll have to check it first to see what’s going on within the builder. Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

Attaching admin credentials here.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information.

When you click the accordion element, you will have this:

You will need to click the magnifying glass icon for the accordion item that you want to edit.

Click the content and you can edit the accordion item contents once the editor appears.

Hope this helps.

When I edit a Classic Image element, I see a small version of the image in the left menu and I can click on it and choose another image from the Media Library with my mouse.

Versus when I edit a Classic Accordion element, I only get the content as code (i.e. your red arrow in the screen capture above) and have to hunt for the image name in the code, and also research the exact image filename and path to replace it with in the code.

For the Classic elements that are only offering code when editing, is there a way to instead get their original left menu options to display, as they do with other Classic elements like Images?

Hi there,

When you edit the accordion content, it will initially display in HTML mode but you can always switch it to the Rich Text mode when you click on the T icon above the editor.

See screencast below:

Aha. This works. That’s a relief that CSS isn’t required for all the editing.

Well it’s not intuitive to click Text to get a Visual editor, and it’s baffling why most Classic elements initially come up in a visual editor but some like Classic Accordion initially come up in a code editor. But still, clearly I haven’t edited a page in Cornerstone in awhile, and needed a reminder on something pretty basic! Sorry about that - thanks for your patience and help!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.