How to delete or choose Footer underneath products?

dear staff,

3 different questions:

how can i delete the footer (no footer) underneath products but keep it underneath blog posts?
and how can i choose another footer underneath products than under blog posts?

Thanks so much!

Kindly,
Mrs X

Hello @MrsX,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. I believe you looking to change the layout of the page. You can do that by opening the page in WordPress editor and under Page Attribute > Template select Blank - No Container | Header, No Footer. Here is a screencast.

1. In case you want to have a different footer in Product page in as of now in X Theme that’s not possible. You will require custom development work for the same which falls outside the scope of support we can offer. However we have a another Theme called Pro which offers header and footer builder. Using Pro Theme header and footer builder you can design global or unique page specific headers and footers. I am sharing few resources that you can take a look to convert to Pro Theme. Along with that I am also sharing resources that you can take a look to have custom footer.

Resource to convert X to Pro Theme:

Pro Theme header and footer builder:

Here is a tutorial that you can take a look to have custom footer. I am also sharing the Google Search result that you can take a look to find out more solutions:

https://www.wpeka.com/modify-wordpress-theme-header-and-footer.html

Google Search result

Thanks.

Hello Prasant

Thank you for your answer! Aaah I see… There’s a bit of a misunderstanding…

Concerning:

1. I do NOT want to change the footer of a page, but of a PRODUCT.
    I want to remove the footer from my PRODUCT page but KEEP it on my BLOG POSTS

2. Ah ok I can only change the footers per page with pro? And what if I want to do it with extra CSS or extra Code? What would the code be?

Thanks so much!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Since you are using X, you won’t be having any feature that you can create and assign a footer to the product pages. If you want to remove or hide it, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-product x-colophon {
   display: none;
}

2.) With pages, you can make use of the Blank - Container | Header , No Footer or Blank - No Container | Header , No Footer page templates so that the footer will not display. With blog posts or product pages, there is none. You will need to modify the template. I am just not sure which stack you are using so I cannot give you an exact resolution to this issue.

I will give you an example code base on the site that is assigned to your license. To remove the footer in a site using Integrity stack, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/INTEGRITY/WP-FOOTER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Footer output for Integrity.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php if ( ! x_is_product() ) : ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer', 'widget-areas' ); ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_bottom_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<footer class="x-colophon bottom" role="contentinfo">
        <div class="x-container max width">

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_menu_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
            <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_nav', 'footer' ); ?>
          <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_social_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
            <?php x_social_global(); ?>
          <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
            <div class="x-colophon-content">
              <?php echo do_shortcode( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content' ) ); ?>
            </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

</div>
      </footer>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer' ); ?>

3] Save the file named as wp-footer.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/footers/views/integrity/

You will have to create the folder path since it does not exist in the child theme yet.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

1 Like

Ah thank you so much! Step one though, is not working. See the link in the secret note.

And yes I’m using Integrity. :slight_smile: Good guess!

And yes, with pages I know how to remove the footer, thank you. :slight_smile: I’m sorry, I see it’s getting a bit confusing.

But back to my original question nr 2:
how can i choose another footer underneath products than underneath blog posts?
And how can i attach this footer to a specific product page?

Kindly,
Mrs X

Hi There,

As @Prasant mentioned above, this feature is not available with X it would require custom development that would fall beyond the scope of our support.

I suggest you switch to Pro theme instead.

Thank for understanding!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.