How to Customize New Cornerstone Elements?

Hi there,

We have a large number of clients using X and Cornerstone and have created some custom elements for them to use that we supply with a plugin, along with using that plugin to give the sites a consistent look and feel. Right now these all show up in the “classic” section of Cornerstone’s Elements panel.

How do we upgrade those? All the Cornerstone documentation about custom code seems to say “Last Updated January 2, 2017” and refers to the previous “classic” way of doing elements.

So that’s question #1.

Lead-up to question #2 is: the particular use case of these clients puts most of the new element options way out of the category of normal use. Our clients aren’t designers, even remotely. But to get a Headline to really be an h1 that matches h1s on the rest of the site, they now have to know what the size of an h1 is in ems. (Unless I’m missing something). Otherwise, it’s quite small.

Also, the sheer volume of new options is overwhelming; not only would very few of them be used, but if our clients did use them, it would be a problem. (We have a particular look and feel that all the clients are adhering to, as I mentioned.)

Question #2 then is, can we remove or otherwise hide the Cornerstone element options, or set default values? Or can we just remove all the new elements and have our clients keep using the classic elements?

Thanks!

Nabha

I found the option in Cornerstone Settings to actually turn off the new elements in Cornerstone. That’s perfect! Thank you!

Still curious if there is updated documentation, however.

Hi,

Sorry there is no updated documentation.

Though you can check out our changelog and release notes for information about new features and elements.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.