How to customize Blog pages with Pro and performance scoring on Google's Lighthouse

Hi, guys!

I have bought Pro since its launch date but I haven’t been working on my website for a while. Now that you delivered a bunch of new updates (such as the CSS Grid) I think it’s time to get serious and give my website some love!

I have two questions though:

1 - I’ve seen a lot of new Themeco videos about custom page designs but it isn’t clear to me how to customize my Blog and single post pages. Is there some kind of limitation in this regard? What is possible to achieve with those pages in the current state of Pro? It would be good to have some videos around this topic.

2 - How Pro sites score in services like Google Lighthouse in categories such as performance, accessibility and best practices? Nowadays we’ve seen a trend around static websites tools and all of that so it would be enlightening to hear how Themeco is handling with those things on the Wordpress world.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Carlos,

1. It’s not possible to edit the blog or archive and single posts yet but the feature that will allow you to do that is coming. It’s called the Layout Builder. It’s mentioned in our recent status report. You can read that here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/status-report-december-2019/67706

2. Pro’s resources are minified out of the box, scripts are loaded in the footer and you can opt to use systems fonts. and disable Font Awesome icons. Accessibility is also improved via role and aria-* attribute implementation.

Please just note though that improving performance and accessibility is an ongoing process. If you find something missing in Pro, please feel free to let us know.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for answering, @christian_y!

So, currently, if I want to modify some visual aspects of blog, single pages and archives to match my custom layout page I need to do this with custom CSS, right? Otherwise my pages will always look like the Integrity theme except the Home Page.

Hi Carlos,

You’re always welcome! Yes, that is correct because those pages are contolled by a template. The design of the templates depends on stack you were using which is integrity. Only normal pages can be design using the builder.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you for answering!

I hope the Layout Builder doesn’t take too long to launch.

You’re welcome!

Please make sure you have enought memory on your site install for better performance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.